We offer a comprehensive travel clinic for travel health advice, travel vaccines and anti-malarial prescriptions to ensure safe travel. You will also need to complete our Travel Risk Assessment form in advance of your appointments.
- Please book a practice nurse ‘Travel clinic’ appointment well in advance to discuss your vaccination needs, ideally 4-6 weeks prior to departure. Our nurses are unable to give travel advice by telephone or email.
- Travel vaccines need at least 2 weeks to become fully effective and some courses of vaccines may need to be given over a minimum 4 week period.
- If you have had previous private travel vaccinations please bring details of these to your appointment so that we can best advise you which further vaccinations you may need.
That many travel vaccines and prescriptions are private and will need to be paid for in cash at the time of the appointment. Please make sure that you bring sufficient cash or we will not be able to administer the vaccinations.
Vaccinations available free of charge under the NHS are:
- Meningitis C.
- Hepatitis A.
Vaccinations for which are not free under the NHS, for which a private charge will be made are:
- Hepatitis B – £120 (course of 3) or £40 each.
- Meningitis ACWY – £45.
- Japanese Encephalitis – £180 (course of 2).
- Yellow Fever – £60.
- Rabies – £170 (course of 3).
- Private prescription – £18 (for anti-malarial prescription).
We are a registered Yellow Fever clinic. However, due to the higher risk of life-threatening side effects of the vaccine in people aged 60 and above, it is our policy not to give the vaccine to this age group.
If you are 60 or above, there are specialist travel clinics you can attend to get a full assessment.